IVR from DSC
IVR Phone Systems and Outsourcing Services
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) has developed an IVR phone system that provides callers with the ability to automatically interact with a phone system while obtaining information or performing transactions. By presenting the caller with recorded prompts and menus, an IVR system accepts input from the caller using phone keypad input or intreprets spoken responses using voice recognition software.
- In computer telephony terminology, IVR (which are the initials for Interactive Voice Response) is a computer phone system and integrated software that automatically answers inbound phone calls. An IVR allows an individual, usually a caller, to select items from a prompted menu and interact with the phone system. Usually the computer phone system plays voice prompts and the caller presses a number on a telephone keypad (DTMF signal) to make selections. The caller can likewise select options by spoken command. Information can be captured by an IVR and likewise digital or voice information can be provided to the caller
IVR is a computer telephony component that is also referred to as (or is similar in meaning to) the following:
- ARU - Automated Response Unit or Automatic Response Unit
- AVR - Automated Voice Response or Automatic Voice Response
- TUI - Telephone User Interface
- VRU - Voice Response Unit
- VUI - Voice User Interface
DSC has developed a wide variety of IVR applications for major clients throughout the USA and Canada.
IVR and VoiceXML
Database Systems Corp. supports VoiceXML data access logic that makes external requests for information over the internet via a Voice Portal. Using this technique, callers can be given information maintained anywhere on the web. Using Text To Speech application software, text information can be retrieved via discreet VoiceXML messages to other web sites (or servers) and this information is converted into a phone message and automatically played to the caller.
Contact Database Systems Corp.
Contact DSC at (602) 265-5968 or use the following Contact Form.
IVR Design Process
DSC applies the systems approach in the IVR design process of IVR programs. DSC also adheres to IVR Best Practices when creating these applications. The following are the basic steps that are performed by our management and development team:
- IVR Consulting - Initial IVR application feasibility study
- IVR Design - Create a design specification of the application
- IVR Development - Organize a development team and assign tasks
- IVR Programming - Perform actual coding of the IVR application
- IVR Testing - Test the IVR application prior to going live
- IVR Implementation - install the IVR program in a live environment
- IVR Management - maintain and enhance the ongoing IVR program
IVR Solutions from Database Systems Corp.
DSC IVR solutions encompass phone systems, IVR software, development services and IVR hosting services.
IVR systems (IVRS) from DSC are complete computer phone systems. DSC provides an analog IVR system called the WIZARD series and also a digital phone system with IVR features called the PACER phone system. These phone are capable of processing both inbound and outbound calling projects.
IVR software development tools are provided by Database Systems Corp. along with IVR software development services. Based upon an 'Open IVR' concept, applications are developed using common IVR programming languages such as the following:
- C / C++
- Visual basic
Software created for our IVR systems is portable and can be transferred to any other WIZARD analog or PACER digital phone system. Thus the investment in your phone application is not lost as your organization grows from a small analog IVR phone system to the larger digital PACER series.
The DSC IVR Software API manual lists some of the different routines available for programmers and developers of IVR applications.
IVR and ACD Integration
IVR solutions are often integrated with an ACD, which routes incoming phone calls to agent work groups. An ACD system can route callers to an IVR program and likewise, an integrated IVR can route callers to an ACD system to distribute the call to the next available agent within a hunt group. One important task of an integrated IVR and ACD software solution is to display screen pop information from the caller on the agent's workstation so that the agent has caller information readily available without the need to prompt the caller again.
IVR Hosting Services
Besides offering IVR phone systems, DSC provides a wide range of IVR outsourcing and IVR hosting services. Hosted IVR is a popular program with many organizations that do not have the telecommunications equipment and infrastructure to maintain their own calling applications. DSC maintains an off site telecommunications center in a secure and redundant environment. Using experienced IVR development teams, DSC can develop and manage virtually any sized IVR campaign.
IVR Applications and toll free answering solutions are becoming very popular today. Both public and private organizations are providing information to community members and clients 24 hours a day. In just a short period of time, this technology has been applied to a growing number of industries and projects.
IVR applications are typically associated with inbound calling programs. However, interactive voice response technology can be applied to outbound calling campaigns and are most commonly refered to as outbound IVR or voice broadcasting with touchphone response.
An IVR report system that analyses the ongoing performance of an IVR calling program is an invaluable management tool. The following IVR reports demonstrate the reporting capability provided by DSC and its IVR system.
Database Systems Corp. Information
- Call Center Technology - Database technology website
- DSC IVR Systems and Software Solutions
- Phone Survey Software - Phone survey applications employing IVR technology and development tools
Number of Visitors 67008
Call Center Software
Cloud-based Call Center Software
AVOXI: Cloud-based Contact Center Software
8x8 Virtual Contact Center
Begin Your Trial Now
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+