Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
5310 with optional remote control
The Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit is a full-duplex, desktop conference speaker and microphone system. It uses 'acoustic beam forming technology' comprising a microphone array which focuses on the party speaking, virtually eliminating all ambient room noise and sidebar conversations.
The 5310 IP Conference Unit has three main components:
- The unit itself
- An optional remote control
- A Side Control Unit (SCU)
In general, the unit is sold on its own. As it comes, the unit can be connected directly to a Mitel 5235, 5224, 5330 or 5340 phone. The 5310 can also be connected to a 5220 phone but this requires an SCU.
5310 with SCU connected to a 5220 phone
Conference UnitThe conference unit has two connectors on the bottom: one for the optional remote control and one for the link to its host phone - it plugs into the adapted headset port and power port
of the 5224 IP Phone, the Conference Module on the 5235, 5330 and 5340 models, or the Side Control Unit on a 5220.
The '5310 <-> phone' lead is a regular RJ45-RJ45 patch cord and the unit is powered through this either from the phone or from a PoE (IEEE 802.3af) adapter.
Without a remote control, the 5310 is configured and turned on/off via the phone's own interface or the SCU.
The 5310 is compatible with:
- Mitel 3300 IP Communications Platform (ICP), Release 7.1, or later
- Mitel SX-200 IP Communications Platform (ICP), Release 4.0 (UR1), or later
- SIP Compliant systems (e.g. Asterisk) when connected to a SIP-enabled Mitel phone
- Mitel 5310 notes: http://www.mitel.com/DocController?documentId=9784
- Mitel 5310 datasheet (PDF): http://www.mitel.com/resources/13127_5310IPConfUnit_DS_EN_Final.pdf
Created by: linker3000, Last modification: Mon 14 of May, 2007 (22:08 UTC)
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+