Business SIP Provider
|Provider||Plan Details||Monthly Rate *|
PBX SIP Trunking
8x8 IP Trunking
Unlimited Business SIP Solution
What is OpenSIPSOpenSIPS (Open SIP Server) (former OpenSER) is a mature Open Source implementation of a SIP server. OpenSIPS is more than a SIP proxy/router as it includes application-level functionalities. OpenSIPS, as a SIP server, is the core component of any SIP-based VoIP solution. With a very flexible and customizable routing engine, OpenSIPS 'unifies voice, video, IM and presence services in a highly efficient way, thanks to its scalable (modular) design.
What OpenSIPS has to offer, comes in a reliable and high-performance flavour - OpenSIPS is one of the fastest SIP servers, with a throughput that confirms it as a solution up to enterprise or carrier-grade class.
OpenSIPS visionThe OpenSIPS vision consists in a "consolidated diversity" - OpenSIPS is an open source project not only as license, but also as policy regarding the contributions, cooperation and community.
The diversity comes from the large number of people involved in the development of the project and from the complexity and feature richness of OpenSIPS (it incorporates and integrates a large variety of functionalities and features, on top of the SIP routing engine).
To reach a high level of reliability and stability, all this diversity needs to be consolidated. The project brings a consolidate d view on the project management, on the project vision, on the design and code, on the work effort, on the project future.
HistoryOpenSER project was created by Voice System in 2005 by forking the SER project. In the following years, Voice System was the main contributor and supporter behind the project.
In 2008, the OpenSER project was renamed by Voice System as OpenSIPS project due trademark issues over the old name.
More about OpenSIPSOpenSIPS project is the continuation of the OpenSER project after its renaming. Inheriting the OpenSER spirit of openness to the community and the will of progress (a continuous work to develop, enhance and extend the code), OpenSIPS continues and extends the OpenSER vision through a strong process of consolidation.
Based on the experience provided by the OpenSER project, such a process of consolidation is critical in order to guarantee the best effort and best results inside the project. A consolidated environment is mandatory for large scale project that aims to deliver professional solutions for industry environment.
OpenSIPS 2.0 - new design
OpenSIPS undertakes a major work in redesigning OpenSIPS for a better performance, scalability and programmability.
To find out the addressed problems, the solution, the design and the work status, visit the OpenSIPS 2.0 web page.
- Tuesday, 12th of April 2011 - OpenSIPS monthly meetings reminder for next session 13th of April 2011
- Monday, 28th of March 2011 - Following the users demand, a new Ebootcamp session for OpenSIPS 1.6.4 will start on 2nd of May 2011
- Tuesday, 08th of March 2011 - see the tests we performed using OpenSIPS 1.6.4 to simulate some real life scenarios, to get an idea on the load that can be handled by OpenSIPS and to see what is the performance penalty you get when using some OpenSIPS features like dialog support, DB authentication, DB accounting, memory caching, etc.
- Tuesday, 22th of February 2011 - OpenSIPS trunk was enhanced with some new functionality for load monitoring and load debugging. The idea is to make easier for the user to figure out what is bottlenecking the system, whether it's the DNS, the database connection or the actual processing of the SIP message while going through the script
- Thursday, 27th of February 2011 - OpenSIPS 2.0 (new design) code release - this is a turn point in the evolution of OpenSIPS project Read more about it
- Tuesday, 15th of February 2011 - OpenSIPS monthly meetings started - come and join us
- Monday, 17th of January 2011 - New Ebootcamp session for OpenSIPS 1.6.4 starting on 28th of February.
- Moday, 20th of December 2010 - OpenSIPS 1.6.4 major release is out
- Thursday, 16th of December 2010 - media timeout detection and call ending support in OpenSIPS
- Monday, 13th of December 2010 - new Presence Call Info module available
- Tuesday, 17th of August 2010 - new script transformations for CSV, IP & SDP operations
- Tuesday, 17th of August 2010 - OpenSIPS 1.6.4 can directly generate complete CDRs
- Wednesday, 4th of August 2010 - OpenSIPS Virtual Machine available - a small basic OpenSIPS-based SIP service platform, ready to go.
- Monday, 2nd of August 2010 - OpenSIPS 1.6.3 major release available at ClueCon 2010
- Thursday, 29th of July 2010 - OpenSIPS @ ClueCon 2010
- Monday, 12th of July 2010 - OpenSIPS Ebootcamp course launched - elearning for OpenSIPS
- Monday, 26th of April 2010 - OpenSIPS participates at Amoocon 2010 with three interesting papers
- Tuesday, 13th of April 2010 - OpenSIPS start the certification program - OpenSIPS Certified Professional (OCP)
- Thursday, 11th of March 2010 - OpenSIPS 1.6.2 is released - this is NOT a minor release, it brings new additions!
- Monday, 8th of March 2010 - OpenSIPS Control Panel 4.0 is released, offering user and admin provisioning
- Friday, 5th of March 2010 - VoIP Users Conference will host a discussion on OpenSIPS 2.0
- Monday, 15th of February 2010 - unveiling the design for OpenSIPS 2.0 - design description
- Monday, 1st of March, 2010, OpenSIPS devel Course (4 days training), Bucharest, Romania
OpenSIPS news archive
OpenSIPS project has an official certification program - OpenSIPS Certified Professional (OCP).
What is good for? - OCP is a worldwide official proof of your skills and knowledge on OpenSIPS usage (administrator).
How to get it ? - you need to pass an online exam covering SIP and OpenSIPS area.
Who issues it ? - the certificate is issued and guaranteed by OpenSIPS project via the OpenSIPS foundation.
All the details on the OpenSIPS certification can be found on http://www.opensips.org/Training/Certification
OpenSIPS project started a series of free Webinars to help people to better understand and work with OpenSIPS / OpenSER.
In the webinars section, you can find the topics of the webinars, the recordings of past webinars, the schedule for the next webinars and registration forms.
Events around the world where you can meet OpenSIPS folks or OpenSIPS has dedicated sessions or talks.
- 15 - 19 November 2010, Edison, OpenSIPS Bootcamp (5 days training and certification), New Jersey, USA,
- 20 - 24 September 2010, OpenSIPS Bootcamp (5 days training and certification), Frankfurt, Germany
- 4 - 6 June 2010, 3 new papers to be presented , Rostock, Germany
- 19 - 23 April 2010, OpenSIPS Bootcamp (5 days training and certification), San Francisco, USA
- 1 - 4 March 2010 OpenSIPS devel Course (4 days training), Bucharest, Romania
- 22 - 26 February 2010, OpenSIPS Bootcamp (5 days training and certification), Florianopolis, Brazil,
- 13 - 15 October 2009, AG Projects exhibits MediaProxy, OpenXCAP, CDRTool at Astricon 2009, Glendale, Arizona
- 13 - 15 October 2009, OpenSIPS team will talk about the project evolution and will exhibit at Astricon 2009, Glendale, Arizona
- 28 September - 2 October 2009, OpenSIPS v.1.5 Bootcamp (5 days training and certification), Frankfurt, Germany
- 06 August 2009 - OpenSIPS will talk about Media Servers integration and clustering at ClueCon conference, Chicago, USA
- 15 June -19 June 2009, OpenSIPS v.1.5 Bootcamp (5 days training and certification), San Francisco, USA
- 4 May - 5 May - OpenSIPS has 3 papers/workshops for the Amoocon (former AsteriskTag) conference.
- 16 Feb - 20 Feb - OpenSIPS Bootcamp (5 days training and certification), Florianopolis, Brazil
- 12 Feb - OpenSIPS lectures at UKNOF 12th edition, in Bristol, UK
- 2 Feb - 4 Feb - SIP SIMPLE presence solutions ITEXPO / Asterisk World, Miami, Floria
- SIPit 23th - Lannion, France, 13th to 17th Ocrober. See the event report
- OpenSIPS Advanced Programming Course, 11th to 14th of August, Bucharest, Romania. Free registration.
- ClueCon, 05th of August, Chicago, USA - OpenSIPS fronting and load-balancing media servers and PBXs
DocumentationCookbook - modules, script variables, routing
Documentation - Tutorials, Troubleshooting, presentations
Mailing listsdevel at lists dot opensips dot org
users at lists dot opensips dot org
SandBoxSandBox for developing and converging ideas
TrackersMultiple trackers are available here
DevelopmentDevelopment Process and status
- OpenSER Logging
- OpenSER Accounting
- Turn your Linux/Unix server in a SIMPLE presentity - publish details from the system (CPU, load, memory usage, ...) to a SIP Presence server
- OpenSER Modular Installation
- OpenSER v1.2.0 Configuration Script Debugging
OpenSIPS is know to work on
- most of Linux flavours (OS used for development is mainly Debian)
- 64b Linux flavours
OpenSIPS and Web Interfaces
- OpenSIPS Control Panel - a system provisioning we interface for OpenSIPS
- OpenSER Administrator - web interface for managing OpenSER written in Ruby on Rails
- OpenSER 1.1.x and SerWEB 0.9.4 - how to patch and configure SerWEB 0.9.4 to make it compatible with OpenSER 1.1.x
- Managed DNS: Web interface between SIP, DNS zones, Domain registration and ENUM
OpenSER Configuration Auto-generator
- http://www.sipwise.com/wizard - get your OpenSER configuration file in few seconds
Created by: admin, Last modification: Thu 14 of Jun, 2012 (19:42 UTC)
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+