Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Phoenix Audio Duet VCA
Phoenix Audio Duet VCA USB Speakerphone
The Duet is our desktop speakerphone product line. Its built-in microphone and speaker, paired with advanced echo cancellation and noise suppression technologies, make it a very powerful yet portable small to midsized conference room solution.
Its light weight and discrete design make it ideal for hands-free desktop conferencing, while its powerful pickup and speaker volume allow it to maintain a large range of coverage.
The Duet provides a quality speakerphone solution for desktop users while maintaining a user friendly, plug-and-play, mentality. It does not require expert knowledge or additional driver installations in order to use or install. The Duet Executive also comes with the ability to be daisy chained. This unlimited chaining ability accommodates larger rooms, thus broadening the Duet Executive’s range of uses from a desktop solution to a medium conference room solution. By providing this ability, two or more Duet Executives can be taken from desktops in an office and combined in a larger room to provide a single yet larger conferencing solution.
All Duets come standard with a USB interface, connecting the devices with a computer. This connection allows the user to use the Duet for recording and VoIP conferencing. The USB connection also provides the device with its only needed source of power. The most basic version of the Duet is the Duet PCS, equipped only with this USB interface, though the Duet product line offers a range of additional interfaces including telephone and Video Codec. Please refer to the list of Duet products below for more information about the different products available in this line.
The Duet VCA-Video Codec Application- (MT202-VCA) comes with a USB connection and a pair of RCA jacks.
The USB is designed for Voice or Video over IP (VoIP) or can be used for playback of your computers media player on a PC or MAC computer. The Duet VCA is supplied with two cables:
- USB to USB - to connect with your computer
- Power supply - You can power the VCA from your computer via the USB connection or with the included power supply with international clips.
BridgingThe Duet VCA will bridge the USB and RCA connections together for a three way call. An example would be if you were on a video call and wanted to bring in a participant over VoIP or a Soft phone that is not able to participate on the video call but would like to contribute to the meeting. You would call him or her via your VoIP connection and the Duet VCA would bridge their audio into the video call.
Custom SensitivityThe RCA connections provide the send and receive signals for a hardware Video Codec. The three – two position DIP switch next to the RCA jacks allows you to adjust the send level to the codec which varies from system to system, thus optimizing the VCA for use with all systems. Setting it once during installation is usually all that is necessary.
Speaker OutThe speaker out jack allows for use with external amplifier and speaker(s).
Phoenix Audio Duet VCA Features and Functions
- Built-in microphone and loudspeaker
- Small footprint design
- Two RCA jacks for analog in / out interface
- USB interface - for desktop and laptop use (PC or Mac)
- Stereo 3.5 audio jack for external speakers and headphone connection
- Mute Button, Volume Up and Volume Down Buttons
- Connections: Mini USB, RCA (x2) 3.5mm, 8 position switch controls the output level of the video codec signal.
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Line Echo Canceling, Noise Suppression, Voice Level Compensation
- Recommended range - 10'
- Supports 3-way communication
- Plug and Play- No installation required.
- 100% Full Duplex Performance – no attenuation (either way) during full duplex
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation >40 dB
- High-end performance: conforms to ITU-T G.167 Standard
- Noise Cancellation >10dB
- Residual echo is suppressed to the environment noise level to prevent artificial ducking of signal
- Voice Level Equalization
- Convergence speed 40 dB/sec
- Tail length (200ms)
- Convergence during full duplex (no recovery time after full duplex)
- Low delay (10 msec)
- 16KHz sampling rate for speech processing - maintains the soundcard bandwidth
- Integrated loudspeaker
- Mute button and loudspeaker volume control buttons (LED will blink in mute mode)
- Speech processing and echo suppression at 16KHz sampling rate
- Maintains audio performance of the PC for HiFi audio applications when external speakers are connected.
- Plugging in external speakers will automatically turn off the speakerphone.
- USB power for PC and Laptop (LED will illuminate)
- External power supply included for VC only configurations (when Duet is not plugged into the PC)
- 3.75 in x 1.25 in x 4.5 in (W x H x D)
Weight: Carrying with USB cable
- 0.55 lbs
Where to Buy
Created by: voip_phones, Last modification: Thu 04 of Aug, 2011 (20:28 UTC)
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+