Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
RFC (Request for Comment)
Most IETF standards are documented in RFC documents. However, not all RFC:s are standards, so beware of the status of the RFC.
From the RFC Editors homepage:
The Requests for Comments (RFC) document series is a set of technical and organizational notes about the Internet (originally the ARPANET), beginning in 1969. Memos in the RFC series discuss many aspects of computer networking, including protocols, procedures, programs, and concepts, as well as meeting notes, opinions, and sometimes humor.
RFCs are categorized in
- Best current practises IETF BCP
- Internet standards, that have their own numbering scheme
- Informational documents (ideas, proprietary techniques, april fool's jokes)
- Experimental ideas, i.e. research
- Draft standards, proposed standards
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+