Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
VoIP Hardware Solutions
Zycoo UC Solutions
Yeastar Communications Solutions
Frequently asked Questions about ST2030 (SIP+ASTERISK)
- If I issue asterisk -r -x 'restart when convenient' (with 1.2) the phones lamp stop working I need to reboot the phone to have them fixed. -A. Gallo
- This is a problem with Asterisk, and occurs with other phones (such as SNOM).
- Using V1.52.1 firmware, it is known that the BLF works again after a long delay (about 5 minutes?)
- I see "500 internal server error" inside asterisk logs when one of the st2030 of the LAN is ringing. -A. Gallo
- Using latest ST2030 firmware and latest version of Asterisk, this error is not seen.
- Does anyone else phone say "Wrong Number!" after they dial? The call is still completed!
- This was a problem previously and is fixed in latest firmware.
- What does the TrMail button do?
- The TrMail button turns on or off the "transfer all calls to voice mail" mode.
- This is similar to a Forward or Do-Not-Disturb, except that the destination must be set in the phone.
- It can be convenient to use this feature to send calls to another number, such as a cell phone.
- When activated, the LCD blinks "TrToVoiceMail...", and incoming calls will not ring, but are transferred to the number set in phone.
- What does the PickUP Button do?
- It is supposed to allow a ringing call on another phone to be picked up by dialing that extension. It doesn't seem to work currently with Asterisk.
- Is there any way to disable the TrMail or PickUP buttons from the main idle screen menu?
- Yes, in the web interface, under Advanced / Call Feature / Phone Operation - you can uncheck options to hide these buttons
- Is there a way to auto answer via headset when it's plugged in?
- Yes, in the web interface, under Advanced / Advanced / Automatic Answer - you can select Headset and set # of seconds before answer
- NOTE: This does not detect that the headset is present or not. Once enabled, it will always answer the call.
- Can I disable more user options via auto provisioning - would be great for call centre environments?
- Yes, much of the LCD interface can now be disabled via Web or APS settings
Frequently asked Questions about ST2030 (SIP -or- MGCP)
- Do you have any clue about IPv6 support in ST2030? -tamarix
- Currently the ST2030 does not support IPv6
- Thomson: no plans to support IPv6 due to development cost
- Is the ST2030 compatible with different servers?
- In SIP, it is interoperable with at least Alcatel OXE, Alcatel 5020, Asterisk, Broadsoft, Centile, Cirpack, M2Msoft, Netcentrex, Neuf Telecom, Nortel MCS5200, Nortel CS2K, Sylantro, Xoasis.
- In MGCP, it is interoperable with at least Cirpack, Mosaica, Netcentrex, Sylantro.
- Does my ST2030 support the latest RFCs?
- For SIP, supports RFC3261, RFC2976, RFC3263, RFC3264, RFC3265, RFC3311, RFC3665, RFC3725, as well as many others and IETF drafts.
- For MGCP, supports RFC3435, RFC3660, RFC3149
- How can I restore my ST2030 factory defaults?
- What are the default user name and password to access my ST2030 web pages?
- Access the url http://188.8.131.52/admin.html (where 184.108.40.206 is IP address of phone)
- Enter username: administrator
- Enter passsword: 784518
- What voice codecs and quality of service features does it support?
- Codecs supported: G.711U, G.711A, G.723_63, G.729AB
- Codec priority, Packetization length, Jitter buffer (fixed & adaptive) can be adjusted
- Also supported: ToS Diffserv, 802.1p/Q, VAD, CNG, Packet Loss Compensation
- What languages are available for the user LCD display?
- Deutsch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- If the phone fails during configuration (APS), how can I see a debug log to know what failed? -gaupe
- There is an option to view the APS log on the web interface under Setup / APS Log
- Syslog capability is not planned
- Can I prioritize traffic coming through "pc" port over phone traffic? -gaupe
- This can be done by using the VLAN settings, which can set the VLAN number and priority.
- See Admin Guide downloadable at www.thomsontelecompartner.com
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+