What Is Text-to-Speech, or TTS?From Wikipedia, TTS (Text To Speech) is defined as follows:
- "Speech synthesis (Text to speech) is the artificial production of human speech. A computer system used for this purpose is called a speech synthesizer, and can be implemented in software or hardware. A text-to-speech (TTS) system converts normal language text into speech; other systems render symbolic linguistic representations like phonetic transcriptions into speech."
- Asterisk flite: Can replace Festival in Asterisk
- asterisk-agi-audiotx: Asterisk AGI extension module that adds commands to allow the transfer of audio files to and from Asterisk via an AGI session
- asterisk-espeak: Asterisk dialplan application providing speech synthesis using the eSpeak text-to-speech engine
- Flite for asterisk 1.6 1.8 and 10
- espeak for asterisk 1.6 1.8 and 10
- Asterisk AGI script that uses Google's voice synthesis engine to render text to speech
- Speech synthesis using Microsoft Translator API for Asterisk
- Database Systems Corp. CTI technology with text to speech converter for IVR and voice broadcast applications.
- asterisk-liambrola: Asterisk Dialplan application, which allows you to use Lia_Phon and Mbrola as a French speech synthesizer. Step by step instuctions on liambrola's installation under Asterisk (1.2, 1.4 and 1.6) can be found in this post: Speech synthesis in French under Asterisk.
- Acapela Voices - including Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch (NL), Dutch (B), English (UK), English (US), Faroe, French, Finnish, German, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (South America), Swedish and Turkish
- TextSpeak Text to Speech - Human sounding TTS in over 20 world languages packaged in hardware modules and standalone enclosures
- AT&T Labs voices - including German, French, Latin Am. Spanish
- cepstral Medium quality, low-cost voices
- ELAN SaySo - including German, French, Spanish and Italian voices/phonems
- Loquendo TTS for Asterisk
- Mbrola - a Freely Available Multilingual Speech Synthesizer for many languages
- Nuance Realspeak - supports 24 languages and dialects and more than 30 voices
- Sakrament TTS Engine - including Russian, with English coming soon
- Verbose Text - can use any SAPI4 or SAPI5 voice
- Verbio TTS - including Spanish, Portuguese, English, French, Catalonian, Euskera, Gallician, Brazilian and differents kinds of American Spanish for Asterisk
- Outbound IVRs and dr Strangelove shows how to integrate Google TTS with WombatDialer
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+