The Linksys WIP330 Wireless-G IP Phone enables high-quality voice over IP (VoIP) service through a Wireless-G network and high-speed Internet connection. Connect at home, your office, or at a public hotspot, and make low-cost phone calls through your Internet Telephony Service Provider.
The handset features peer-to-peer dialing, speed dial, 3-way conferencing, call waiting, call transfer, and call forward, mute, hold and selectable ringtones. The large, full-color high resolution LCD display features an intuitive user interface enabling users to easily and quickly configure the handset when traveling within range of other Wireless-G networks so you can make VoIP calls wherever you go.
You can also surf the Internet with the built-in web browser and can even receive live video from anywhere in the world and view it right on your WIP330 Wireless-G IP Phone when you access any web camera, like the WVC54GC Wireless-G Internet Video Camera, also from Linksys!
Handset stores the last 20 call history records and can save 250 phone book entries. Personalize your phone with a selection of ringtones that reflects your style.
FAQQ. What OS does the WIP330 run?
A. The WIP330 runs on Windows CE .NET 4.20.
Q. Can the phone be connected to USB to transfer files, etc.?
A. Yes, it can be connected to USB to transfer files and explore the directories of the phone using Microsoft ActiveSync, There is a driver available at http://www.omghax.ca/ . Firmwares higher than v1.01.00s allow USB connection only during the coldstart (see the Customize chapter below).
Q. Does the phone support Skype and MSN?
A. Yes, with the firmware v.1.01.00s and No, if your firmware is below version 1.00.06.
Q. Can I install others application into the phone?
A. Yes you can. But there is a limited space and it can't survive a reboot.
Q. How can it survive a reboot?
A. There is presently no way, but you can install the program into the flash directories (\WIP330 (holds configuration files) and \Network (contains no files?)).
Q. Can't I just leave it running 24/7 then?
A. Yes you can try. However, After running for more then 24 hours, the phone starts complaining it's memory is full. It then requires a reboot in order to restore functionality.
The features listed might be different from the official ones.
Wip330 firmware sbe. (*newest link mirror) - simonxda
(Needed to upgrade to v1.01.00 or higher if firmware is below v1.01.00)
Latest firmware version: v1.03.18.S(15MB) Rom dated 5-DEC-07 available at Linksys website
Changelog from v1.03.10S:
- "Mouse Mode" added in browser, changes between mouse pointer movement and page scrolling. 12/24/2007 - andrew867
- Skype added again 12/24/2007 - andrew867
v1.03.10.S(14.5MB) Rom dated 25-SEP-07
Changelog from v1.02.12S:
- Wireless-N routers now supported
- 169.254.*.* IP address issue fixed
- WPA Key Connection issue fixed
- STUN support
v1.02.12S(14.7MB)(*link mirror)(15.127MB) Rom dated 22/01/2007 - simonxda
- QoS added
- Contains http://IP/uploadanyfile.asp which allows you to upload any file to 'dstPath = "\Wip330\Other\" & filename'. 8/25/2007 - andrew867
v1.02.04S(14.161MB)(*link) Rom dated 25/09/2006 - simonxda
Changelog from v1.02.00:
- MSN/Skype removed
Changelog from v1.01.00:
- Upload wallpaper and ringtones added to web interface
- ActiveSync is disabled
v1.01.00s(14.177MB) (*link) Rom dated 8/8/2006 - simonxda
- Contains http://IP/Administration_engnr.asp which allows you to change the admin and user passwords as well as select "Protect Phone Admin Access" (Not sure if this page is any other version) 8/24/2007 - andrew867
v1.01.00(16.318MB) Rom dated 7/7/2006 - simonxda
Changelog from v1.00.06:
- Skype added.
- MSN added.
- VoiceMail added.
- Webcam URL and Web URL setup added in webgui.
- Changing SIP settings on phone allowed.
v.1.00.07(15.432MB) Rom dated: 19/06/2006. (Doesn't need sbe file and downgradeable)
Changelog from v1.00.06:
- Skype added.
- MSN added.
v.1.00.06A(14.120MB) (*link) Date unknown.
v.1.00.06(14.115MB) Rom dated 5/18/2006 - simonxda
- There are two users in v1.00.06 'admin' and 'user'.
User mode- Username: 'user' Password: 0000
- Upgrade and SIP setup screens removed from the phone, you have to configure through the web interface instead.
- Skype config file added into v1.00.06 but no skype.exe (Skype/MSN support soon?).
- Hotspot logout added.
- Factory Default added.
- NTP server remove.
v.1.00.04(14.102MB) (*link) Date unknown.- simonxda
Login: administrator Password: 0000
Note: There are no restrictions on downgrading the firmware. This version is 100% downgradable to v.1.00.00. - simonxda
v.1.00.00(13.340MB) (*link) Rom dated: 2/17/2006. - simonxda
- RTM build
Customize.How to connect the phone with USB and ActiveSync - by Trivius
In older firmware versions it works like a charm, but in firmware versions higher than v1.01.00s there is a little magic needed. After many unsuccessful tries I found two conditions to be met:
a. The phone's USB connector must be already few seconds powered, before it is connected to the PC.
b. There is small time window about 15-20s after powering the phone on, when the connection must be established.
So here are all steps in detail (tested with firmware v1.03.18.S)
Using the Y-type USB cable:
0. Install ActiveSync. Download driver for WIP330 from http://www.omghax.ca/ and extract it to (lets say) WIP330 folder.
1. Buy the Y-type USB cable (it is often enclosed with external 2.5'' USB discs). It has one mini USB (to the device) and two USB (to the PC) connectors. The important is, that one USB connector hasn't connected data pins and provides only power.
2. Turn the phone off.
3. Plug the mini USB connector into the phone and the USB power connector into the PC.
4. Turn the phone on, and cca 15s after the display starts glow, plug the USB data connector in the PC. This is the only time window when the phone identification is properly passed to the PC.
5. After the "New hardware detected" bubble appears, point it to the WIP330 folder and proceed th driver installation.
6. If ActiveSync haven't started, do it manually from menu File/Connection Settings, pressing the Connect button.
7. ActiveSync will connect, and voila - in File Explorer new mobile device appears, with access to its filesystem.
Using the externally powered USB hub:
Whole procedure mentioned above works also with any externally powered USB hub. Just connect classic USB cable between the phone and HUB, plug the power supply into the HUB and turn the phone on. 15s after coldstart, plug the USB hub to the computer.
1. How to start WIP330 in User or Admin mode. - simonxda
Edit: /WIP330/SysSet.INI and change the following.
For admin mode:
Force Admin Mode=1
For user mode:
Force Admin Mode=0
2.Wallpaper and ringtones can be uploaded using the webgui.
(Some versions only)
3.How to have your own wallpaper and ringtones. - simonxda
Just create 2 directory "Wallpaper" and "Ringtone" in WIP330 directory and copy the files into it.
Now it will appear on your phone selection. Cheers...
If you have been locked out of your phone, there is a backdoor username and password which was kindly placed by whoever coded the active server pages for this thing. "elseif( tmp_Locase_name_value = "*\235118251") and (tmp_Locase_pw_value = "27545645\*" ) then"
Also for those of you who would like to be able to decrypt/encrypt your system SysSet.crp initialization file that can be exported via the web interface. Here is the method+encryption key:
set FileSys = CreateObject("Scripting.Shell")
Sys_retVal = FileSys.CryptionFile("\WIP330\SysSet.INI", "\windows\www\wwwpub\SysINI.crp", "*lk78609*", vbtrue )
If anyone has any information or ideas regarding to the loss in modifications to directories other than /wip330 on restart, please let me know. I can be reached via aim @ n3on.
I found a simple way to let you browse the phone via the built in Windows Explorer, just open the web browser and input a single backslash ('\') and press the center button, then the left softkey and select Enter. Use the mouse pointer to go to the bottom bar you now see on the screen, click on it with the center button. Have fun and remember that you can delete files out of any directory except \WIP330 and \Network and they will just be replaced from the flash rom back into ram on reboot :) Also this might be the key into enabling the ActiveSync connection in the new firmwares, just double click the Control Panel link and select PC Connection. Make sure that the "Enable direct connections..." box is checked and "`USB Default" is the selected connection. I have made a driver for the WIP330 USB connection available on my site listed below.
Feature RequestsI think the WIP330 should do more other then just SIP, Internet Surfing and WebCam.
Since its Windows CE it can do a lot more...
1. SIP require STUN build in.(Request fulfilled on v.1.03.10SUA)
2. Skype (Request fulfilled on v.1.01.00)
3. MSN (Request fulfilled on v.1.01.00)
4. Voicemail support (Request fulfilled on v.1.01.00)
6. General SIP URI (user@domain) calling feature
7. General SIP URI (user@domain) registration feature, non only username with digits only
8. Multiple simultaneous SIP accounts onto differents servers
9. Bookmarks feature while using the navigator
10. Direct Laucher for the MediaPlayer from the phone's UI
11. TLS support for signaling confidentiality
12. SRTP support for media confidentiality
13. Enterprise WPA EAP TLS with Certificate
14. Errors Logs for admin's account thru the web interface
15. Hotspots' list editor for admin's account thru the web interface
16. Presence and IM support thru IETF SIMPLE
17. Call Waiting (Enable or disable function)
18. Advanced SIP parameteres setup (VAD, Echo Cancellation and Silence Supression)
Where to buyLIST IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER OR BE REMOVED!
- 8774e4VoIP.com. Great deals + Free Expert Support
- 888 VoipStore.com. Call for volume pricing on Linksys WIP330. 888-VOIPSTORE.
- AAVoIP.com Best Service! Best Salesman! Best VoIPstore!
- Astawerks / Voipstash.com - We Carry all Linksys Phones and provide Asterisk Support
- ATAComm - USA Web store, good price, and ships on time.
- Bigfiveshop.com Provide all Linksys Voip Phones + PBX systems , delivery worldwide
- Digiumcards - Worldwide + ISP VoIP Fulfillment Services and PROvisioning SIP IAX2
- Hardware-Oasis - Europe's VoIP Distributor.
- My Phone Call UK Shop
- NISCOMM USA Asterisk Installer, Not listed on site but has in stock,order by phone, overnight available
- nicegear - New Zealand - The WIP330 will be available as soon as Linksys release it for sale in NZ
- NOVACOM Shop Delivery all over Europe. Very competitive prices.
- Ntegrated Solutions - Online Ordering, Over Night Shipping, Linksys Certified Distributor
- OSS Services AG - Swiss Shop fast delivery within Europe.
- PBX Select Linksys WIP330 SIP Phone - PBX Select Is An Authorized Reseller Of
- Linksys WIP330
- Siracom - UK. Distributor.
- Linksys at soho-voip-phone. Get the best deal on the voip phones and other Linksys IP Phones at soho-voip-phone.com.
- SoyuzSystem - Specialize in Network Wireless Solution & VoIP.
- Linksys WIP330 TechToast, Inc. USA based - $195.77 USD
- Telephonyware - USA web store, good price, good shipping rates, helpful staff, no nonsense, actually has the product in stock.
- VeriLAN - USA Web store.
- VoIPandGo Shipping all of Europ
- VoIPIPBX.com USA based, ship international.
- VoIPGoods.com UK VoIP Goods, Services and Support
- Voiplink.com Linksys WIP330 USA, Worldwide Delivery
- VoIPon - Best Prices and Support on Linksys WIP330 - UK & Worldwide - Call for reseller pricing or International Shipping. VoIPon.
- VoIPShop - Australia Linksys Certified
- Voipshop Netherlands Complete Linksys Voip product range!
- Linksys WIP330 at VoIP Supply. Get the best deal on the Linksys WIP330 and other Linksys IP Phones at VoIP Supply.
- Voxilla Store - Linksys WIP330 - Linksys Certified Partner, Worldwide Delivery
- www.voippabx.com Linksys WIP300, Linksys WIP330, worldwide shipping
- VoIPGizmos.ca - Linksys WIP330 - Canada
- Wildix in Ukraine - Ukraine
- VoIPGizmos.ca - Linksys WIP330 - Canada
- (NEW) Linksys Support Forum
- Linksys (Sipura) VoIP Support Forum - Most active Linksys/Sipura discussion forum
- First Look at the WIP330 by Voxilla - WiFi VoIP phones have been a disappointment: anemic battery life, bare bone features and feeble sound quality. The latest entries in the field, the Linksys WIP300 and WIP330, make big strides forward in all three areas.
(This page has been viewed 210185 times)
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+