VoIP

Why does everyone say I can't?

butchmobile

Why does everyone say I can't?

Posted:Thu 16 of Feb, 2017 (22:06 UTC)
Hello: I, being a total newbie to Linux have been able to setup my CentOs server and make it work on my home network. This server is going on my ATV and I want an application that friends can download from my server to give us communications in the middle of nowhere. The places I/we go there is no cell service and would like to have this as a wifi server with a "walkie-talkie" app.
I have contacted a couple app authors and they want me to buy their servers for $10k and say mine won't work. My server as I stated is running CentOs and I have installed the appropriate add-ons like Apache and php etc., it works.
Could someone please walk me through the things I need to consider to get this done. I do not have an app for the mobile devices to download. I need something that can work with all the different phones as some ppl are on Android and some are apple devices while some people still have a windows device.
Like I said, I am a total newbie to Linux but I don't think what I want to do is that elaborate or complicated. Everyone has a phone!
To summarize, I want to have a Wi-Fi network people can talk voip on the mobile devices to everyone on the network.

Thank you for your time and any advice you might have.