VoIP

VOIP gateway - comparisons

arlesterc

VOIP gateway - comparisons

Posted:Fri 03 of Mar, 2017 (21:47 UTC)
I have a traditional telephone system - PBX, analog lines, phone provider. We have no need internally for many of the features that a full VOIP system offers - people are very happy with the phones they have now and when presented with a lot of the features that are used to sell VOIP the response has been a resounding 'not interested'. What is of interest is saving on the cost of traditional phone lines from the phone provider. I have looked into VOIP gateways and from my understanding I can take a legacy PBX system such as we have and use the gateway to get rid of the expensive PSTN lines and use SIP's instead. If that is correct I would appreciate folks who have done this to provide me with some tips, tricks and traps in regard to their experience in taking this route - what gateway was used, what was the good, what was the bad ....Thanks in advance for sharing your personal experiences in this realm.

I have about 30 phones and 8 lines with a Nortel PBX and phones. We have FAX and DID as well.