The cloud continues to be a technology game-changer, offering numerous opportunities to optimize, innovate, and disrupt business models. But to take advantage of the cloud’s potential to transform organizations, strengthen customer relationships, and boost industry value chains, enterprises need to have a cloud-enabled service that can be easily deployed to add business value and further drives sales in a seamless way.
BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ: BSFT), a global market leader in cloud communication, collaboration, and contact center solutions, has been guiding enterprises and services providers through cloud migration via the BroadWorks cloud private branch exchange (PBX) and Unified Communication (UC) application software platform. And with the recent launch of BroadSoft Broadcloud, a flexible platform as a service (PaaS) solution, the company continues its mission to help service providers gain the advantage of a cloud infrastructure while retaining full control of the end-user experience.
Empowering Service Providers and Their End-User Customers through BroadSoft
BroadSoft offers innovative software solutions to telecommunications service providers that deliver the hosted, cloud-based unified communications (UC) solutions to business customers. The PaaS model is part of the BroadCloud platform that powers BroadSoft Business, an integrated portfolio of team collaboration, UC, and contact center applications.
The BroadCloud PaaS solution provides cloud communication offerings based on the BroadSoft Business suite, which is comprised of three core apps: CC-One, UC-One, and Team-One (plus a BroadSoft Hub that delivers contextual intelligence across the platform).
During a briefing with No Jitter, Arvind Rangarajan, the Director of Cloud Product Marketing at BroadSoft, shared how their newest PaaS product supports enterprises and service providers.
“With this PaaS model, BroadSoft hopes to shift the traditional service provider mindset of doing everything themselves to letting it do the heavy lifting instead,” said Rangarajan. “Rather than worrying about managing software upgrades and patching, for example, service providers using BroadCloud PaaS will be able to focus on gaining new customers and retaining existing ones, building out core competencies, and innovating.”
“Service providers now recognize the importance of rapid and innovative service delivery and see PaaS as a big opportunity to remain competitive while still having the flexibility and control they need,” adds Scott Hoffpauir, the Chief Technology Officer of BroadSoft. “Now service providers can bring cloud application suites like BroadSoft Business to market more efficiently and cost-effectively because it can be fully managed by BroadSoft. As a result, service providers can focus their energy, resources, and budget on their brand and services to continually enhance the end user experience.”
Bolstering the Delivery of Cloud Services with BroadCloud PaaS
By leveraging BroadSoft PaaS, businesses and service providers can create differentiated, on-demand cloud unified communications (UC) and collaboration solutions, optimize the delivery of services, and reduce operational costs. With its ability to deliver a robust platform and enterprise-level applications, BroadSoft PaaS enables services providers to:
- Enhance their innovation cycle. BroadCloud PaaS offers unprecedented control and flexibility that enable services providers to focus on getting the most value of out of their business operations. Plus, it allows businesses to continue to use their existing systems (front- and back-end systems), telephony, and network interconnect facilities.
- Lessen non-strategic CAPEX and OPEX. As a managed, turn-key, cloud-based platform, BroadCloud enables businesses to overcome time-to-market challenges and help them fluidly transition over from a capital expenditure (CAPEX) to an operational expenditure (OPEX) model. Through this, businesses can greatly minimize the ongoing marginal costs for new capabilities and features.
- Overcome time-to-market challenges. This platform helps deliver innovative cloud solutions based on the entire BroadSoft Business suite and enable businesses to obtain a 50-75% time-to-market advantage.
- Take advantage of carrier-grade reliability and flexibility. As the infrastructure resides within the BroadSoft data centers, the BroadCloud PaaS platform provides flexibility and control over customizations and integrations.
- Reduce operational complexity and costs. BroadCloud provides a sophisticated Unified Communications (UC) solutions that can be scaled up and down depending on the requirements. With a pay-as-you-go model, BroadCloud enables service providers to grow their UC market with lesser risk and minimal upfront investment.
“The BroadCloud PaaS solution is reliable and scalable, providing open APIs, flexibility, and control, which makes it easy to adapt our offering to meet the specific needs of our customers,” said Victor Vasev, the Chief Technology Officer of WUN Systems, an award-winning provider of coworking management systems and workspace management software.
To learn how BroadCloud PaaS helps businesses and service providers, please visit BroadSoft’s official website.
BroadSoft, Inc. (NASDAQ:BSFT) is a technology innovator and global provider of cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center software solutions for businesses and service providers. Headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland, the company has been recognized as a market share leader for cloud UC solutions with an open, mobile, and secure platform trusted by the world’s top service providers. Established in 1998, Broadsoft has been providing businesses across 80 countries with comprehensive, mobile-integrated unified communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. These include BroadSoft Business Applications (UC-One, Team-One, CC-One, and Hub), BroadSoft Business Platforms (BroadWorks and BroadCloud), and BroadSoft Mobility.