In today’s digital age, the Internet of Things (IoT) is no longer just a buzzword. The IoT has the potential to transform everyday life, redefining the way businesses work and how devices and people interact and connect with each other. With the advent of digital transformation, more sophisticated tools and technologies are created, bringing the IoT industry to a new level.
But what exactly is the "Internet of things" and how can businesses and end-user customers benefit from this revolutionary technology? In this article, readers will learn more about the Internet of Things (IoT). Anna Tykhonchuk, the Marketing Manager of JeraSoft, also offers insights about IoT and their newly enhanced billing platform, the JeraSoft VCS 3.12 that supports the Internet of Things (IoT) services.
What Is the Internet Of Things (IoT)?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a concept of connecting devices (ie. mobile devices, washing machines, coffee makers, headphones, lamps, wearable devices, and almost anything else) with an on and off switch to the Internet. The IoT revolves around increased machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, built on networks of data-gathering sensors and cloud computing. As the IoT evolves, there is no doubt that this revolutionary technology can redefine the way devices, businesses, and individuals connect and interact with one another.
Anna Tykhonchuk, the Marketing Manager of JeraSoft, discussed how the IoT has transformed business communication and what organizations must do to keep up with the changing business landscape.
“IoT and M2M technologies have already irreversibly affected the way people, businesses, and governments interact with the outside world,” said Tykhonchuk. “More sophisticated technologies appear on a daily basis and bring the IoT industry to a new level. The telecommunication market has been extended and what the best providers can do is to look around how to stay in line with the progress and boost their margins.”
With today’s corporate landscape rapidly evolving, organizations should take advantage of innovative tools like JeraSoft’s IoT Billing Platform to help them deliver top quality services to their end-user customers.
“Integration between VoIP and the Internet of Things will only speed up telecommuting, so that remote working and shared office spaces become the common thing,” said Tykhonchuk. “The IoT revolution, requiring a dramatic increase in strong, secure communication links, offers providers an opportunity to not only play a larger role but to create new value.”
Why JeraSoft IoT Billing Platform?
As the leading developer of carrier-grade billing platforms and provider of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solutions, JeraSoft’s newly enhanced IoT billing platform enables users to take advantage of enterprise-grade features in order to improve business performance.
“The functionality of the JeraSoft billing platform continues to advance at a rapid pace,” said Suren Arustamyan, the Chief Operating Officer at JeraSoft. “With this latest version 3.12, we are again improving the platform's performance in general, while at the same time incorporating many new features requested by our fast-growing customer base. The launch of our IoT billing platform has moved us one step forward in developing multicomplex marketable products strengthened with thorough technical support.”
By taking advantage of JeraSoft’s IoT Billing Platform, end users are able to collect data and bill any type of event in a seamless way. The platform also has the capacity to manage, empower, and secure any type of business models to simplify and enhance management activities and product development.
The JeraSoft Difference
Leveraging JeraSoft IoT Billing Platform offers high-quality load balancing solution with 100% data safety within a multifunctional cluster. Specifically created for innovative startups and established IoT providers, the revolutionary platform supports all the IoT and M2M billing needs. JeraSoft's IoT billing platform gathers, analyzes, and monetizes data from smart things, bridging the gap between operational and development initiatives within the IoT business infrastructure.
Below are the key features and capabilities delivered by JeraSoft VCS 3.12.0:
- Internet of Things (IoT) services support. This key feature of JeraSoft VCS 3.12 enables VCS users to bill events within their business model. “JeraSoft is well prepared to rate and bill vast amounts of network traffic gathered from multiple devices (computers, vehicles, smartphones, traffic lights, droids etc.) aimed at supporting home automation, health monitoring, vehicle tracking, and any other innovative IoT services and business models,” said Tykhonchuk.
- Customer Dynamics Report. Through this tool, organizations can create dynamic reports in terms of customer base growth, balance refills, subscriptions and on-demand services usage, and more. “Dynamics Report is designed to easily illustrate the data for analyzing and improving efficiency,” said Tykhonchuk. “Customer Dynamic Report also enables users to generate statistics reports and get state snapshots of clients, balances, package's usage. Here reports are presented in the form of the table, however, JeraSoft VCS 3.12 enables to create a chart to effectively interpret key information and facilitate the decision-making process.”
- CoreAPI. JeraSoft’s CoreAPI can be used for development of mobile applications and customer’s portals as well as real-time data synchronization with a 3rd party system. Optimized for performance and aimed at serving high-frequency requests, the CoreAPI can be used to represent either Schema or Hypermedia responses and allows users to interact with an API at the layer of an application interface, rather than a network interface. “Core API is a format-independent Document Object Model for representing Web APIs,” said Tykhonchuk. “This high-performance mechanism for a real-time integration with 3rd party systems, including softswitches, gateways, etc. It's designed for a limited number of most used methods for integrations.”
- Provisioning API. This new part of the platform provides “Push Model” API that allows calling of external handlers triggered by events within the billing platform. This method can simplify data synchronization with 3rd party systems such as customer relationship management (CRM), application servers, and gateways.
The JeraSoft team invites users to join in the upcoming webinar that tackles the changes and enhancements to JeraSoft VCS 3.12. The company’s expert application engineer will go through the important updates to this version. To sign up for the webinar and get the full list of updates, please visit JeraSoft’s official website.
JeraSoft is the leading integrator and developer of high-quality billing solutions for modern Telecoms and IoT/M2M providers. Established in 2005, the company has been delivering robust, cost-efficient billing and management tools as well as VoIP solutions to help clients improve their businesses. As an engineering company, JeraSoft emphasizes technical support and integration work to help Telecom and IoT providers streamline billing processes and add value to their business. JeraSoft’s popular solutions include the following:
- For Telecoms. JeraSoft’s full-featured Billing System for telecom providers offers a plethora of modules that are aimed at automating common tasks for operators such as retail services, rates management, dynamic routing, jurisdictional billing, and more. The system supports retail and mobile VoIP, business telephony, mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), Over-the-Top (OTT) solutions, and wholesale and SMS wholesale VoIP.
- For IoT/M2M Providers. JeraSoft’s IoT/M2M Billing System provides a complex billing solution that guarantees a complete support and monetization of IoT services. The platform has the ability to manage and secure any type of business model to help meet the needs of both start-ups and large companies. Through this, users can enhance and simplify their innovation product development activities.