Software-defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) has been gaining traction among business communication and networking markets as a simpler and more efficient option to lower the cost and complexity of enterprise level WANs. In fact, the global market demand for SD-WAN has been skyrocketing for the past years and is expected to reach USD 9,066.2 million by 2021 according to Report Buyer.
To address the growing demand for a reliable SD-WAN solution in the business community and to help resellers and their customer base streamline their network management and communication solutions, Windstream, a leading provider of advanced data, voice, network, and cloud communications and technology solutions, has recently launched their newest wholesale SD-WAN platform. A part of the company’s wholesale division revamp, Windstream’s SD-WAN solution aims to help their resellers and end-user customers to boost their operational performance and increase their bottom line.
Making SD-WAN Solution Available to Resellers
As demand for cloud applications rapidly increases with SD-WAN technology continuing its meteoric rise in the business communications environment, enterprises and service providers should leverage this networking solution to help their resellers and customer base enhance their mobility and flexibility, optimize application performance, protect valuable data, and enhance the user experience across private and public cloud paths.
“Today’s announcement signifies a transformational shift within the Windstream reseller ecosystem,” said Melissa Cook, the Vice President of the Reseller program for Windstream Wholesale. “With the successful and viable reseller base inherited as a result of the recent EarthLink merger, Windstream Wholesale has strategically realigned resources – including leadership, marketing efforts, dedicated sales and support teams – completely refreshing the program and offering a highly engaged partnership experience to our valued reseller customers.”
In a release, Cook also expressed her enthusiasm about their latest networking and communication solution: “I am delighted to build an even stronger partnership with our reseller community, and I’m equally excited about the SD-WAN solution and the critical competitive edge it offers our resellers, along with the opportunity to boost their revenues and broaden their own market reach.”
Through Windstream’s SD-WAN, resellers can enhance the performance of end-user applications or value-added services, including Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), content filters, and firewall. This allows for the delivery of a comprehensive integrated service portfolio that helps enhance customer experience and ultimately boosts reseller revenue opportunities.
How Can Resellers and End-Users Benefit from SD-WAN?
Windstream’s SD-WAN offering provides various management and provisioning capabilities that enable their reseller partners and end-user customers to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Cost-efficient connectivity. Using SD-WAN enables resellers to make use of two main connectivity options: increasing multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) with lower cost or higher bandwidth access and improving the quality of commodity cable or broadband, or replacing MPLS entirely or lessening costs for combined high-speed Internet access at the data center.
- Application visibility and control. With the SD-WAN solution, reseller partners can instantly view and prioritize application network traffic, from mission-critical business applications to reducing or blocking impact of non-business apps. Plus, through Windstream’s BusinessAware CloudNetwork, resellers can enable dynamic traffic steering in real-time, providing the agility, flexibility, reliability, and security to deliver top-notch application performance.
- Improved cloud-based application performance. Windstream’s Cloud Core Network Architecture is designed to maximize cloud-based application performance with secure, diverse, and low latency connections to cloud providers and Windstream-provided services. Also, easy control and analyzation of network conditions help optimize performance from branch to data centers, branch to branch, and branch to cloud.
- Easy, agile, and seamless network solution deployment. Windstream’s SD-WAN includes a management tool that provides total control and visibility in a single interface, including services and end-user security policies, zero touch configuration for new locations, and centralized activation and administration options for remote branches.
- Enhanced business productivity and customer experience. Through SD-WAN’s real-time analytics, resellers are provided insights into network and application performance and allowed proactive resolution of bandwidth or cloud access issues.
Expanding Wholesale Channels through Windstream's SD-WAN
Aside from strengthening Windstream’s bond with their partners by making SD-WAN solution available to the reseller community, the company also aims to revitalize its wholesale channel by including SD-WAN as part of Windstream’s Wholesale solution.
Jeff Brown, the Director of Product Management and Marketing at Windstream’s Wholesale business unit, had this to say about the inclusion of SD-WAN into the company’s comprehensive carrier solutions suite.
“This significant addition of SD-WAN to the current available portfolio of Wholesale solutions – including MEF 2.0 Certified Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and Dedicated Internet Access and more – enables a full-scale, flexible and powerful technology that positions resellers as trusted advisers to their end users.” “By leveraging the reach of the Internet, Windstream Wholesale’s SD-WAN solution combines end-user locations and services through an easy-to-use interface, eliminates the need for manual monitoring and allows our resellers to deliver a fully managed solution to their customers,” Brown added.
Additionally, the expanded network presence in the western part of the United States offers the connectivity needed to support international traffic coming into the country from the Pacific Rim. This offers Asia-Pacific providers with low-latency, 100G connectivity to Tier 1, 2, and 3 markets across the United States, thereby helping them expand their market territories.
“With strategic fiber routes in the Southeast and Northeast and the expansion of our long-haul express network throughout the Western U.S., we expect increased sales opportunities,” shared Tony Thomas, the CEO of Windstream, during the company’s Q4 earnings call.
Windstream Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIN) is one of the leading providers of advanced network communications and technology solutions for small businesses, enterprise organizations, carrier partners, and consumers. This FORTUNE 500 company provides unified communications, managed services, broadband, security, voice, data, and cloud solutions for consumers and enterprise clients.