Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Asterisk FWD Assistant
A setup assistant to add a Free World Dialup account to the configuration of an Asterisk server running on MacOSX.
DownloadClick here to download release 1.1 of this assistant, updated for MacOS X 10.4 "Tiger"
LimitationsThe assistant is only aware of phones and extensions created with the New Extension Assistant. Any other extensions will not be shown in the "Extensions to ring" table view. You should first create your extensions using the New Extension Assistant.
Other LanguagesThe user interface will be translated into other languages.
- source code will be made available on freshmeat.net
Bugs in pre-release 1
- An error occurred when selecting only one single extension in the table on screen #5. FIXED
Changes since pre-release 2
- FWD's public key file has been embedded into the assistant and will be installed in /var/lib/asterisk/keys if absent.
Bugs in release 1.0
- When choosing a singile digit dial prefix without a leading "*" nor "**" the length of the dial prefix is calculated improperly.
- Missing "register => fwdnumber:email@example.com" in the iax.conf configuration file
- localised language resource files for Chinese (both simplified and traditional), Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
- a set of new screenshots
How you can contribute
Help with translations into other languagesWe still need help with translations for localisation of the FWD Assistant. If you are a native level speaker of any of the languages listed below and you would like to help with translations of the dialogs you see in the above screenshots, please contact us: benjamin (at) sunrise-tel (dot) com. Note: you do not require any programming expertise nor do you need to edit any source code to do this.
- Chinese (both simplified and traditional)
Your help is very much appreciated.
Back to Asterisk Assistants for MacOSX | Asterisk New Extension Assistant | Asterisk Voicepulse Assistant
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+