Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Install Flite and asterisk-flite (in RHEL, CentOS and similar)
Flite (festival-lite) is a small, fast run-time synthesis engine developed at CMU and primarily designed for small embedded machines and/or large servers. Flite is designed as an alternative synthesis engine to Festival for voices built using the FestVox suite of voice building tools.
asterisk-flite is a Flite text-to-speech module for the Asterisk open-source PBX. This provides the "Flite" dialplan application, which allows you to use the Flite Text-to Speech Engine with Asterisk. It invokes the Flite Text-to Speech engine locally via the Flite C API, and uses it to render text to speech.
We need to add the epel repo for flite packages
For CentOS 5:
- wget http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
- rpm -Uvh epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm
- wget http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm
- rpm -Uvh epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm
- yum install flite flite-devel
Then we download and install the asterisk flite plugin:
- cd /usr/src
- wget http://github.com/downloads/zaf/Asterisk-Flite/asterisk-flite-2.1-flite1.3.tar.gz
- tar xf asterisk-flite-2.1-flite1.3.tar.gz
- cd asterisk-flite-2.1-flite1.3
- make && make install && make samples
- asterisk -rx "module load app_flite"
- asterisk -rx "core show application like flite"
Test asterisk-fliteTo test it, I simply put it in your extensions.conf file:
exten => 123,1,Flite(this is a test. this is only a test. if this had been an actual emergency, you would be dead.)
And then try calling 123 or whatever extension you set it to.
- Speech synthesis using Microsoft Translator API
- Speech synthesis using Google voice API
- app_flite for Asterisk 1.6 1.8 and 10
- Flite tutorial with Asterisk@Home
- Flite news
- Asterisk festival installation
- Text-to Speech (((Text-to Speech (((Text-to Speech (((Text-to Speech (((Text-to Speech (TTS))))): Text-to-Speech solutions
- asterisk-agi-audiotx: AGI extension module that adds commands to allow the transfer of audio files to and from Asterisk via an AGI session
- asterisk-espeak: dialplan application providing speech synthesis using the eSpeak text-to-speech engine
- espeak for asterisk 1.6 1.8 and 10
- Flite for Asterisk 11 with support for pronunciation exceptions
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+