Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Text in AsteriskSome channels have support for text communications in Asterisk
- Console channels support text receiving (shows up on the console) and sending (using the 'show text' CLI command).
- Zap channels support text communications when in TDD mode (using the tdd mode AGI command). This allows communications between Asterisk and TTY/TDD devices.
- SIP Supports text messaging during a call, but not outside of a call.
- SCCP (with chan_sccp2)
Related AGI functions
- receive char Receive one character of text on a channel, and discard any other characters waiting.
- receive text Receive a string of text on a channel.
- send text Send text on a channel.
- tdd mode Set a Zap channel to TDD mode, for communication with TTY/TDD devices.
New in Asterisk 10: Asterisk now has protocol independent support for processing text messages outside of a call. Messages are routed through the Asterisk dialplan. SIP MESSAGE and XMPP are currently supported. There are options in jabber.conf and sip.conf to allow enabling these features.
- jabber.conf: see the "sendtodialplan" and "context" options.
- sip.conf: see the "accept_outofcall_message", "auth_message_requests" and "outofcall_message_context" options.
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+