Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Asterisk tips wake-up
Contributed by Rob Fugina
Still looking for comments/help with a re-implementation. What is published here is the latest version — the one I'm running myself at home.
All the code is GPL.
Feedback is appreciated, both positive and negative. Success stories are especially welcome. Email preferred.
robf at geekthing dot com
- Additional sounds from asterisk-sounds package in CVS
- Perl module Date::Manip (available on CPAN)
- Perl module Asterisk::AGI (see Asterisk perl library)
- tarball referenced below — run 'make install'.
- Dialplan entry to call AGI(wakeup.agi)
- Crontab entry to run the provided run_wakeups script
- Customize to your environment — see below
Example dialplan entry:
exten => 999,1,AGI(wakeup.agi)
If you want wakup.agi in a non-standard place, you'll have to specify the full path in the dialplan:
exten => 999,1,AGI(/full/path/to/wakeup.agi)
Example crontab entry: (/etc/crontab, root's crontab, or whatever user Asterisk is running as)
- * * * * root /var/spool/asterisk/wakeups/run_wakeups
How It Works
Operation is simple: An AGI is used to schedule a wakeup call in the first place. A call file is created in the wakeups spool that will later be moved into Asterisk's outgoing call spool to make the wakeup call. Another AGI is called directly for the wakeup call itself, and may schedule a future wakeup call based on a selected snooze time.
Where To Get It
The scripts, additional sound files, etc, are available at http://www.geekthing.com/~robf/asterisk/.
Customizing For Your Environment:
The following items are the most likely things you will have to change to suit your particular needs.
- callerid for wakeup service — change in wakeup.agi
- local context name for wakeup call to use — change in wakeup.agi and snooze.agi
- spool directory locations — change in wakeup.agi, snooze.agi, and run_wakeups
Different Versions of Asterisk
There are some differences between stable and development branches of Asterisk in terms of how callerid information is presented to an AGI script. I believe the current version of asterisk-wakeup takes this into account, and should work with either the 1.0 branch or CVS HEAD. Let me know if this is not the case...
I'd like to rewrite the two AGI scripts as regular Asterisk applications (in C). Don't know when I'll have the time...
- Reminder for Asterisk 1.4 by Nerd Vittels with web UI
- Asterisk tips simple wake-up call using Perl (no CRON job required)
- Asterisk tips Wake-Up Call PHP using PHP (no CRON job required)
- Asterisk tips Wake-Up Call PHP with Snooze/Annoy
- Asterisk tips Wake-Up Call Perl: No daemon or crontab, unlimited amount of wakeup calls, list and delete, Reoccurring wakeups, Snooze
- PBX Wake-Up Call
Go back to Asterisk tips and tricks
Created by: JustRumours, Last modification: Sun 11 of Apr, 2010 (01:25 UTC)
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+