Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Call United Kingdom
How to Call The United Kingdom (UK)
There are several ways to make calls to the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) from other countries. You can make calls to The UK using softphone apps such as Skype or Rebtel for a very low rate per minute. If you want to do it for free, then it would require the person on the other end of the line to have the application as well. There are also other ways to dial The United Kingdom from a landline in the United States. If you are using a regular cell phone or telephone service and do not have free long distance on your phone plan, then you will most likely incur high rates when calling internationally.
How to Call The United Kingdom from other countries
- First dial your country's international access code, e.g. "011" from the USA or Canada; "00" from most of Europe.
- Then dial "44" which is the The United Kingdom country code.
- Then dial the telephone code (omitting the initial '0'), followed by the subscriber number.
- From the United States, dial 011 + 44 + 161 + ### ####
- Note: "0161" is the area code for Manchester
How to call a cell phone in The United Kingdom
- Calling a mobile phone in The United Kingdom is different than calling a landline phone number
- To call a The United Kingdom cell phone, after dialling '44', dial the 11 digit subscriber number, excluding the initial '0'.
List of major telephone codes in The United Kingdom
|Newcastle upon Tyne||0191|
Other Resources for Calling The United Kingdom
If you are in the United States or Canada and looking for phone service that will allow you to call The United Kingdom for very cheap, then you should check out residential VoIP providers for home phone service. If you run a business that needs to call The United Kingdom often, take a look at business VoIP providers.
If you are in The United Kingdom and would like to make cheap calls to other parts of The United Kingdom, take a look at UK VoIP providers
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+