Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
VoIP Hardware Solutions
Zycoo UC Solutions
Yeastar Communications Solutions
- 1 Power (5V)
- 1 RJ45 WAN
- 1 RJ45 LAN
- 1 RJ11 FXS
- 1 RJ11 PSTN (Not a true FXO -not usable via SIP, only used as a fallback for power failure, etc)
Basically this is the big brother of Grandstreams Handytone-286. The big difference is that you can hook your regular phone line in there and that it can act as a NAT Router in your home.
The LAN port can either be switched or NAT'd behind the WAN port. (Configurable. Very cool. The HT-488 only does NAT.)
While unpowered, the PSTN RJ11 is directly connected to the FXS RJ11.
When powered, the analog phone is is disconnected from the PSTN line. Dialing "*00" (configurable) causes a relay to join the analog phone to the PSTN to force outgoing calls via PSTN. Otherwise dialing is done via the FXS VOIP.
When a call arrives via the FSX (VOIP) port or the PSTN port, the attached analog phone rings. CallerID is passed through from the PSTN line and, if provided on the VOIP call, is generated out down the analog line to your CallerID-capable analog phone.
- The "early dial" feature does not work. E.g. if you want it to pass each dialed key to the PBX as it is pressed rather than taking your whole number (followed by the '#" key or a 4-second timeout) before sending to the PBX, it doesn't work. Well known Grandstream bug in all of their products. With Asterisk, pressing the 2nd digit with early dial enabled, causes an instant dial failure.
- Call forwarding will forward calls even if no number was specified to forward them too. Look for this if you're getting "302 temporarily moved" SIP responses, especially if they're unconditional.
- Unlike the HT-488, the only way for the analog phone to access the PSTN line on the HT-486 is via the "*00" prefix. The HT-488 allows up to 4 other programmable numbers (like '911', duh) to automatically use the PSTN line.
Grandstream's page about the HandyTone-486
Grandstream HandyTone-486 Review
Grandstream Support Forum
- America - Telephony Depot Grandstream Handytone 486
- America - Voiplink.com - Grandstream HT486 Your rockin' Voip Equipment store!
- Belgium VoIPandGo.be Quick delivery by UPS. Reseller Prices Available!!
- Brazil - VOXSHOP, Full Line of Grandstream Products in Brazil and everything else for VoIP
- Ireland - http://www.voip4u.ie Ireland UK very cheap best web prices
- Ireland UK EU - http://www.jmcsoft.ie Ireland UK France Spain Germany Portugal EU Trade distributor Very compeditiv
- 888VoipStore.com - Best Prices on Handytone 486 ATA-486. Call for volume pricing. 888-VOIPSTORE.
- Available from GB MyPhoneCall
- Available in Portugal - VOXSYS,RSCE - Buy on line, all Grandstream products at wholesale prices (Portugal and Spain based, delivers to all Europe and Africa).
- Available in Spain - VOXSYS,RSCE - Buy on line, all Grandstream products at wholesale prices (Portugal and Spain based, delivers to all Europe and Africa).
- Available in the USA from discountvoipoutlet.com
- Voiplink.com USA, Worldwide Distribution
- The VoIP Connection HUGE INVENTORY! FREE SHIPPING IN US 48! Also sold in BULK!
- VoIP Supply only $49.99
- Shipping Worldwide VoIPon Solutions
- Worldwide - Telephony Depot Grandstream Handytone 486
- Ukraine - Wildix in Ukraine
LAN inhabitant with NAT router:
| NAT Router
(line) (wan)--+-----other devices
LAN using the Grandstream as a NAT router:
handset other devices
- Grandstream Handytone-486
- Other Grandstream products
- How to configure the Handytone-486 to work with Localphone’s VoIP service
Go back to VOIP Gateways
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+