Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Hosted IVR by UCN
The Difference Between Hosted and Traditional IVRMany people are often thrown for a loop when trying to distinguish the difference between Hosted Telephony Solutions, and Traditional Telephony Solutions. The easiest way to describe a hosted solution, is by saying that the entire infrastructure of a product, including its management and maintenance, is hosted off premise. What does this mean for your business? Well lets examine it specifically in the context of an IVR solution.
Businesses have long known that traditional IVR service could positively impact their bottom line- reducing employees, shortening man hours, and enhancing customer service. But traditional IVR solutions come with noticeable drawbacks, including: high start-up costs, heavy hardware investments and the addition of new employees. Hosted IVR by UCN on the other hand, gives you all of the benefits of a traditional IVR solution, with none of the drawbacks.
UCN's Hosted IVR Service is delivered as a network-based, on-demand feature, meaning you have no hardware investments, no initial start up costs and no new employees to hire. And just like the other features of the UCN's Incontact suite, IVR Service is a pay-by-the-month feature, meaning you pick and choose which services your business needs month to month. Do your Call Center Employees need more in-depth information on the customers they're servicing? Perhaps it's time for your company to add some computer telephony integration software. Are your workers spread out geographically? You may want to look into automatic call distribution. Whatever your needs may be, UCN will meet and exceed them.
IVR PossibilitiesInContact allows you to configure:
- Traditional or Basic IVR System: InContact can support the basic IVR functions, such as “press 1 for sales” and “press 2 for support”, type requirements.
- Self-service IVR Software: Integrate inContact with an existing customer database and your caller can now self-service, never impacting your labor force. Single question/single answer situations are best for this application. Repair departments can off-load answers to the question “When will my part arrive”, by enabling the caller to enter an ID number. A query is sent from inContact to the customer database, and a response comes back. The response data drives the single answer script providing date and month. Or inContact uses information from the database to make decisions about which skills group the caller will be routed to. Your skilled agents can reside in multiple offices or work from home – giving your business greater flexibility in how to manage nationwide, 12-hour coverage across all time zones, for instance.
- Automated IVR Software: For example, using the outbound capabilities of inContact, you could construct an automated system that once a month, calls customers whose credit cards are about to expire. The outbound call is a pre-recorded notice, alerting the customer to update their card in the near future, then asking the customer to press 1 if he/she wishes to update right now. When they press 1, the call is handed off to an inbound IVR service that walks the caller thru the steps of inputting their account number, their new credit card number and related information. The caller never has to impact your labor force, unless you have built in an opt-out method, such as pressing 2, enabling the caller to speak to the first available agent.
- Remain in Control: InContact customers have access to a drag-and-drop programming tool, inControl, enabling you to control exactly how you want the IVR system to handle inbound calls. Multiple handling paths can be created to support one or more switched or toll free numbers.
- Supplement your existing phone system with advanced IVR service: As a hosted service, inContact is a “no-impact” add-on to your existing PBX or phone system. You don’t need to change a thing. You don’t need any additional hardware or software on your phone system. Your 10-digit, phone numbers are simply re-pointed to “ring” into the inContact hosted service, where the calls are answered and managed according to the rules you have created. When the call handling rule involves sending a call to the next available skilled agent, our inContact ACD Software simply places an outbound call to a direct dial number. Your onsite phone system then does what it does best – routes that call to the appropriate phone set.
Enhance Your IVR With These Useful Add-ons
- Automatic Call Distributors
- Computer Telephony
- Customer Service Surveys
- Customer Satisfaction Research
- Virtual Call Center tools
- Computer Telephony Integration
- Workforce Management Software
- Call Center Surveys
Contact UCNInterested in Hosted Solutions? Contact UCN at 1-888-UCN-4543 or fill out this Contact Form to learn more today!
Created by: EddieAdams, Last modification: Mon 03 of Mar, 2008 (02:21 UTC)
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+