Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
iaxclient is a cross platform library which handles the IAX2 protocol, call-control, and local audio. The iaxclient CVS repository includes several softphones, including IAXComm.
- Platform support: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris
- IAX2 registration
- Handling multiple calls.
- Complete audio device control
- Selectable devices for input, output and ring
- "playsound" functionality to mix sound in with output.
- Mixer controls
- Audio level notifications (i.e. for vu-meters).
- Digital signal processing (denoiser, automatic gain control, voice activity detection)
- multiple codecs
- ulaw (G.711u)
- alaw (G.711a)
- Speex (configurable bitrate, VBR/ABR, etc).
- iLBC (stub included, just add your own iLBC source).
- others can be easily added, by _you!_
- Advanced jitter (playout) buffer, with Packet Loss Concealment, and hidden dynamic sizing.
- Remote and local reception statistics (network stats): Loss, Jitter, Delay, etc.
- Now includes ability to be built as a shared library (.DLL/Win32, .so/Unix, .dylib/MacOSX).
Iaxclient is a C library, and can be built as either a static or dynamic library.
Contributors have build bindings for other languages, including:
- Java http://www.hem.za.org/jiaxclient/
- Java http://callino.cc/jiaxcapplet/
- XUL http://moziax.mozdev.org/
- Delphi http://www.da-soft.com/simpleiax/
- C# http://www.asteriasgi.com/?q=IAXClient-Wrapper
Included clients (in source directory "simpleclients"):
- IAXComm: A wx-based cross-platform phone
- tkphone: A tk-based gui, using a co-process model
- testcall: A simple command-line test program.
- (other unmaintained phones)
Other known/available phones based on iaxclient:
- Idefisk softphone http://www.asteriskguru.com/idefisk
- www.jajah.com SIP, IAX, Skype and POTS client (Win32)
- IAX Phone: Sokol and Associates' Win32 Phone
- www.diamondcard.us IAX softphone with a flash interface.
- DIAX: Dan Toma's Win32 Phone
- WebIAX: Win32 OCX control
- Kiax: QT-based Softphone for Linux(QT3) and Windows (QT4)
- ZiaxPhone: Zaurus/ARM softphone http://www.kauss.org/Stephan/ziaxphone/
- MediaX Phone for Windows
- QtIAX written in Qt3.x with a very (!) stripped down libiax
- iaxLite Win32 SoftPhone. (Writen with delphi)
- YakaPhone Multi-Platform Open Source Phone. (Writen in Qt4/C++)
- VoixPhone Full multi-Platform softphone
- VoixManager Full multi-Platform IAX switchboard call manager for Operators and Receptionists
- Coccinella Multi Platform XMPP Client with whiteboard written in Tcl/Tk. Since version 0.96.19 with enabled IAX Client phone
- http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net iaxclient home page
- Library source snapshot: http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/snapshots/iaxclient.tar.gz
- Precompiled binaries at: http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+