Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
MacOS X and DarwinMacOS X is Apple Computer Inc's operating system, powered by a BSD subsystem called Darwin.
Open standards based SIP VoIP technologies available on MacOSX
- Asterisk - the open source PBX and multi-protocol VoIP server
- Blink - A fully featured SIP client for MacOSX (GPLv3) with support for IM, File Transfer and Desktop Sharing based on MSRP
- call.center softphone for Mac - Free, innovative and fully featured SIP client for MacOS with support for multi-party conferencing, call transfer and remote provisioning.
- REMWAVE - A SIP client for MacOSX (GPLv3) geared towards ITSPs
- iaxComm - the open source IAX softphone
- ZoIPer - Multiplatform IAX soft phone (universal binary) (formerly Idefisk)
- JackenIAX - IAX Soft Phone for Mac OS X.
- LoudHush - nagware IAX softphone for OS X
- SJphone - SJlabs' H.323 and SIP softphone
- SylkServer - Multiparty multimedia conference server, free for Linux, OSX version is a paid application in the Mac App Store
- Telephone - the open source SIP softphone written in Objective-C/Cocoa
- VDK - Voip Development Kit - the cross-platform, c++ framework to create VoIP applications in a breeze.
- X-Lite - Counterpath's free SIP softphone
- Bria 4 - Counterpath's Full Featured SIP and XMPP client ($)
- Xmeeting - H323/SIP Audio Video Max OSX client , universal binairies.
- VoixManager Is an an IAX/IAX2 switchboard call manager for Operators and Receptionists, is able to manage and display information about your Asterisk PBX activity in real time. Has been thought with simplicity in mind, all feature needed by the attendant, fast and easy usable, with the minimum configurations, just fill the phone and manager login information and play.
- Voix Phone Free IAX/IAX2 softphone for MacOSX
- Qutecom Qutecom is the new name of Wengophone VoIP client.
- Linphone A multi-platform SIP client (GPLv2). Linphone is available for: Linux, Windows, MacOSX, Android, iOS and Blackberry.
- Setting up Asterisk/Macintalk/tftp on a Mac Mini - Collected from many sources across the net.
- Asterisk for MacOS X - MacOS X specific distribution, now being replaced by Afelio
Proprietary non-standard VoIP technologies available on MacOSX
- iChat AV - Apple's proprietary non-standard audio and video chat client
- Internet Phone - Empower Pro Phone's proprietary non-standard softphone
- KDX - Haxial's KDX with built-in proprietary non-standard softphone
- SquidCam - SquidSoft's proprietary non-standard audio and video softphone
- Skype - Skype is a soft phone only based application & service for calling other people on their computers for free or POTS phone for a charge
Database integration with Asterisk under MacOSX
- Asterisk and OS X and Database Integration - A walkthru guide for setting up Database integration under OS X
Important Note: This page was made using a MacOS X "Panther" and Darwin 7.4.0. If you want to edit this page, you must do so using MacOS X or we will lose the right to display Apple's logos on this page according to Apple's logo usage guidelines.
MacOS X and Darwin are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc.
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+