Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Phoenix Audio Duet EXE
Phoenix Audio Duet Executive USB Speakerphone
Phoenix Audio’s Duet is a best-in-class speakerphone for the desktop VoIP user and road-warrior. It is the primary audio interface for the mobile work force, dependent on VoIP for communication.
The Duet generates clear communication through proprietary Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Line Echo Cancellation, Noise Suppression, and equalizer algorithms embedded within the product. The Duet provides 360° room coverage so more than one person can participate in an online conference, Headset-Free and Handset-Free. Loudspeaker output (always a problem with laptops) is sufficient for larger offices and even medium sized conference rooms.
The DUET can be utilized in a number of configurations. In its most simple, a USB interface to the PC powers the speakerphone. More sophisticated options include connecting the Duet to IP Phones, POTS and even cellular phones through available headset connections. Duet connectivity to any to these phones & the PC gives users the advantage of conferencing VoIP callers together with standard callers. Last, users have the option of connecting their headset to the Duet for private communication, such as required in IP Call Centers, or public spaces.
The DUET enhances the user experience with many PC applications: VOIP, softphone, webconferencing, distance learning, instant messaging, sound recording, telemedicine, etc. Furthermore, the Duet can improve your telephone’s or cellular phone’s speakerphone performance as well.
Lightweight and sleek design, the Duet has redefined the standard in speakerphones for the desktop and revolutionized audio performance for laptops on the road.
The Duet Executive (MT202-EXE) comes with a USB connection and a RJ type modular jack.
The USB is designed for Voice or Video over IP (VoIP) conferencing. It can also be used for playback of your computer's media player or for recording a meeting.
The RJ connection allows you to connect to Digital, Analog, and Cellular phones. The Executive is supplied with 5 cables:
- USB to USB - to connect with your computer
- RJ male to RJ male – gray - for telephones using Avaya and Nortel type protocols.
- RJ male to RJ male – black - for telephone using Cisco and most other telephone types.
- RJ male to 2.5mm tip-ring-sleeve plug for connections to Cell phones and wireless household telephone headset jacks. An adapter may be required for proper fitment.
- Power supply - You can power the Executive from your computer via the USB connection or with the included power supply with international clips.
BridgingThe Duet Executive will bridge the USB and RJ connections together for a three way call. An example would be if you were on a Software video call and wanted to bring in a participant who might be at the airport and would like to contribute to the meeting. You would call him or her on the telephone that is connected to the Duet Executive and it would bridge that person’s audio in to the video call. You could also make the call to a bridging service so multiple people would be connected to the video call.
ExpandableMultiple Executives can be connected together to create larger room coverage on a budget. A Duet Executive expansion kit is required (MT221). You would use one kit for every Duet Executive in the chain - minus one.
Custom SensitivityA two – two position DIP switch next to the RJ jack allows you to adjust the send level to the telephone which varies from phone to phone, thus optimizing the Executive for use with all phones. Setting it once during installation is usually all that is necessary.
- The speaker out jack allows for use with external amplifier and speaker(s)
Phoenix Audio Duet Executive Features and Functions
- Built-in microphone and loudspeaker
- Small footprint design
- USB interface - for desktop and laptop use
- RJ11 interface - for IP and POTS telephone connection
- Stereo 3.5 audio jack for external speakers and headphone connection
- 2.5mm headset connection
- 4 position switch controls of the output level of the telephone signal
- Mute Button, Volume Up and Volume Down Button
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation, Line Echo Canceling, Noise Suppression, Voice Level Compensation
- Several Duet Executives can be ganged together covering a large conference room with optional daisy chain cable.
- 100% Full Duplex Performance – No attenuation (either way) during full duplex
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation >40 dB
- High-end Performance: Conforms to ITU-T G.167 Standard
- Line Echo Cancellation
- Noise Cancellation >10dB
- Residual Echo is Suppressed to the Environment Noise Level to Prevent Artificial Ducking of Signal
- Voice Level Equalization
- Convergence speed 40 dB/sec
- Tail length (200ms)
- Convergence during full duplex (no recovery time after full duplex)
- Low delay (10 msec)
- Bandwidth 20 – 7500 kHz for Speech Processing Maintains the Soundcard bandwidth
- Integrated Loudspeaker
- Mute Button and loudspeaker volume control buttons (LED will blink in mute mode)
- Four position gain setting for optimum adjustment of signal level into the telephone
- Speech processing and echo suppression at 16KHz sampling rate
- Maintains Audio Performance of the PC for HiFi audio applications when external speakers are connected.
- Plugging in a headset will automatically turn off the speakerphone.
- PC or Laptop Connectivity
- Headset Connection
- Connect to phones:
- IP Phones through their RJ11 headset connection using the RJ11 to RJ11 cable (cable provided)
- POTS phones and cellphones through the telephone’s 2.5mm headset connection using the RJ11 to 2.5mm cable (cable provided)
- Connect to phones:
- External Loudspeakers (full bandwidth) or headphone
- For telephone/ cellphone only configurations
- USB power for PC and Laptop (LED will illuminate)
- External power supply included for phone only configurations (when Duet is not plugged into the PC)
- 3.75 in x 1.25 in x 4.5 in (W x H x D)
- Carrying with USB cable-0.55 lbs
Where to Buy
- Phoenix Audio Duet Executive in stock at VoIP Supply -View the complete line of Phoenix Audio Products Contact Us at 1-800-398-8647
Created by: voip_phones, Last modification: Thu 04 of Aug, 2011 (21:46 UTC)
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+