Tap here to compare the top VoIP providersTap here to hide the top VoIP Providers
Sipura Technology Inc.http://www.sipura.com
Sipura was purchased by Linksys and the Sipura product line has been rebranded to Linksys
Update Jan 2009: Linksys Voice products (what was sipura) are now going to be rebranded as Cisco
Makers of some of the most popular SIP ATAs available:
- Sipura SPA-1000 - This ATA has now been superceded by the Sipura SPA-1001
- 1 FXS port
- Sipura SPA-1001
- 1 FXS port
- 2 SIP lines
- Sipura SPA-2000 - This ATA has now been superceded by the Sipura SPA-2002 which is almost identical
- Sipura 3000 - This ATA is discontinued and has been superceded by the Liksys SPA3102
- SPA-841 VoIP phone
- SPA-941 VoIP phone
- 2-4 line appearances
- Wireless networking option
- Beta version on display at Boston VON Oct 2005
- SPA-2100 Router/ATA
DocumentationWhile Sipura has excellent documentation for configuration and provisioning of their equipment, this documentation is only available to Service Providers and Resellers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this information. The Sipura products have literally hundreds of configuration options, and can be quite daunting to configure.
The only documentation publicly accessible is the Sipura ATA Userguide for firmware v2.0.9. This is a mamoth 87 page document that provides quite a bit of information about the various configuration parameters. But, it only goes as far as v.2.0.9 of the firmware. Many of the newer parameters need to be documented but Sipura does not plan on releasing any new documentation.
The PDF UserGuide is a good start but an online version with a little more detail would be better. Therefore, you will find a more detailed Sipura Documentation based on the Advanced/admin Web pages.
Web Stores Selling Sipura Products
- America www.soho-voip-phone.com - Linksys Certified Partner and reseller
- America 8774e4VoIP.com - Linksys Certified Partner
- America - .e4 Technologies - IP-TEL Solutions for the Masses!
- America - Ntegrated Solutions - Online Ordering, Over Night Shipping, Certified Distributor
- America - VoIP Supply Leading supplier of VoIP adapters since 2002.- Enter Discount Code "WIKI5OFF" at checkout and receive a 5% discount Valid for all VoIP-INFO.org members
- Argentina Voxdata
- Belgium MediaSquare
- Belgium - Worldwide VoIPandGo.be Cheap Prices! Great Service! Quick delivery by UPS. Reseller Prices Available!!
- Worldwide - VoIPon Solutions
- All of Europe - MyPhoneCall
- France - Wildix in France
- France - AccesIP - France & Europe
- TelephonyWare Stock the full Sipura range of phones, ATAs, and phone upgrades. Visit them at http://www.telephonyware.com
- Italy - Wildix in Italy
- Italy - extreme-networking.com Italian shop, Sipura products and more.
- Italy - http://www.voipshop.it
- Israel - Sipura.co.il
- VeriLAN Web store has stock of SPA-1001, SPA-2000, SPA-2100 and SPA-3000.
- The VoIP Outpost for deals on used and new SPAs
- ProVu Communications in the UK stock all 4 Sipura ATAs and the SPA-841 phone. See ProVu Sipura prices.
- iFAX Solutions - Linksys / Sipura
- Spain - Wildix in Spain
- Ukraine - Wildix in Ukraine
- Also see our Cheapest ATAs and Service Page
- www.sipura.ca netVOICE communications Sipura and other VoIP products in CANADA
- VoipInTouch.com- Sipura products and the SipGate Gateway based on Sipura ATA's
- IPChit-Chat-UK UK Linksys Sipura Distributor SPA-3102
- Telephony Depot - Linksys / Sipura
- MODULO Consulting - Romania. Sipura products.
HistoryFounders of Sipura developed the Cisco ATA-186 long ago.
- 2005-04-26 Cisco to Acquire Sipura Technology
- 2005-04-25 MyPhoneCall appointed UK distributors for the full Sipura range.
- 2004-10-15 Sipura announces IP phone and Router/ATA Press Release
- 2004-08-20 Linksys partners with Sipura for new combination Router/SIP ATA Voxilla Story
- Linksys Some Linksys products use Sipura firmware. (and now are owners of sipura)
- Linksys (Sipura) VoIP Support Forum - Most active Linksys/Sipura discussion forum.
- Cheapest ATAs and Service Page
- SPA Logging Log debugging information from the Sipura to file & DB.
- Rcallshop Sipura CallShop solution.
- SPA Syslog setup to capture logging information from your SPA (not just debugging information like the link above).
- Information on sipura mass deployment of phones
- Rconfig free mass configuration software.
- SipTar CallShop: http://www.microsyslabs.com/siptar.html - Linksys / Sipura SPA/PAP / Mediatrix / HTTEL CallShop Solution.
How do I upgrade my Sipura without using the Sipura supplied Windows utility?
First, go to http://www.sipura.com/support/ to find the latest firmware. Download to a local computer and name the file spa.bin
Via TFTP1. If necessary, install a TFTP server on a PC on the same local subnet as the SPA device (e.g. you may use the free TFTP server software from http://solarwinds.net). Most Linux distributions include a tftp server.
2. Place the firmware upgrade "spa_whatever.bin" file in the tftp root directory of the active TFTP server.
3. Determine the IP address of the powered-up SPA (IVR menu ****#110#).
4. Request the upgrade from a web browser. If the TFTP server is running on the same computer: assuming a.b.c.d is the SPA ip address, http://a.b.c.d/upgrade?/spa.bin. If the tftp server is on a different computer (a.b.c.d is the SPA address, x.y.z.w is the tftp server address), use the following URL: http://a.b.c.d/upgrade?tftp://x.y.z.w/spa.bin
5. The SPA should then get the new firmware from the TFTP server and reboot.
Via HTTP1. Upload this file to directory on your webserver. (Example http://192.168.0.80/spa.bin )
2. Request the upgrade from a web browser. Assuming a.b.c.d is the SPA ip address then type http://a.b.c.d/upgrade?http://192.168.0.80/spa.bin into your browser.
3. Now you should be redirected to a wait screen and your sipura phone should be flashing while it upgrades its firmware. Be patient.
Please update this page with new information, just login and click on the "Edit" or "Discussion" tab. Get a free login here: Register Thanks! - Find us on Google+