NO JOY Groundwire on FS PBX Configuration Help

dmmincrjr

New Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
29
Reaction score
4
I am thinking of making the switch to FS PBX and am trying to configure a Groundwire softphone extension per the tutorial on Nerdvittles for setting up FS PBX. I can get Groundwire to register on my FS PBX and receive calls when the app is open on the phone. It's when the app is closed I'm not able to receive calls. I'm guessing it has something to do with one of the firewall pieces but can't figure it out. I have FS PBX hosted on a Vultr instance. Per the other Nerdvittles article in setting up Groundwire that was linked from the FS PBX setup I have modified my /etc/iptables/rules.v4 as follows since iptables-custom was not available.
# // Acrobits whitelist entries for Acrobits push notification server
-A INPUT -s 159.65.167.207 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.65.186.176 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.65.251.173 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.65.252.186 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.65.253.49 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.65.252.186 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.65.253.49 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.89.179.103 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 162.243.226.164 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.65.164 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.115.186 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.182.9 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.184.188 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.190.186 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.210.221 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.223.68 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 167.99.48.91 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 167.99.119.203 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 167.99.119.244 -p udp -m udp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-I INPUT -s 165.227.103.7 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 104.131.30.133 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 143.198.16.177 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 157.245.211.111 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.203.80.157 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.203.81.60 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.65.189.13 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 159.89.179.105 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.108.121 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.220.19 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 165.227.65.164 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 167.172.251.36 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 167.71.161.233 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 167.71.175.215 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 167.99.112.57 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 174.138.70.189 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 174.138.91.89 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -s 64.225.12.13 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 5060:5069 -j ACCEPT
-I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 7343 -j ACCEPT
-I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 4998 -j ACCEPT
-I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 24998 -j ACCEPT
-I INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 4998 -j ACCEPT

I have changed the SIP port to something different and have tried changing the 5060:5069 to the new sip port but that did not fix the problem. I just didn't want to post my new sip port above.

I then modified the fail2ban configuration as follows.

ignoreip = 159.65.167.207 159.65.186.176 159.65.251.173 159.65.252.186 159.65.253.49 159.89.179.103 162.243.226.164 165.227.65.164 165.227.115.186 165.227.182.9 165.227.184.188 165.227.190.186 165.227.210.221 165.227.223.68 167.99.48.91 167.99.119.203 167.99.119.244 143.198.16.177 167.71.161.233 64.225.12.13 167.99.112.57 174.138.70.189 159.65.189.13 174.138.91.89 157.245.211.111 165.227.108.121 104.131.30.133 159.89.179.105 159.203.80.157 159.203.81.60 165.227.220.197 167.71.175.215 167.172.251.36

I have also created an Access Control List in FS PBX as follows.

1791474726887.png
It's not shown but the list has all the current Acrobits ip addresses above.

In my FS PBX system I don't have an Event Guard displayed on the Dashboard so can't see if anything is being blocked and possibly offer a clue.

When I do a Push Notifications Test on Groundwire it does say that a Pust Test Has Arrived.

Any assistance to figure this out would be appreciated.
 
You may want to create a .pcap file with tcpdump which can also capture UDP and go over it with wireshark to see if you are getting those push notifications for sure.
 
You might want to post on the FSPBX forum at https://www.pbxforums.com/forums/fs-pbx-discussion.60/ and see if @pbxgeek has any suggestions. Their softphone of preference is Ringotel so I don't know if any with FSPBX is using Groundwire.

Did you restart iptables after making those entries? systemctl restart iptables

Also, the Groundwire IP addresses seem to change frequently.

Also, look at this post for addition on updated Groundwire IP addresses. You'd probably need to change Ward's code to update rules.v4 instead of iptables-custom. https://www.voip-info.org/forum/thr...tu26-04-vm-platforms.28611/page-7#post-183785
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
26,826
Messages
175,332
Members
20,377
Latest member
fulyalizm
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.
Back
Top