NEWS FLASH Starlink Mobile

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
20,439
Reaction score
6,154
Coming in 2027 to a cellphone near you. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile shares all down over 10% today.

1791572917429.png





1791573347097.png
 
Last edited:
The Starlink direct to phone satellites worked well over western NC in the aftermath of Helene. I don't know if that was a test run for the service or not but I had service (outside) even though all the towers were down. It wasn't continuous service due to insufficient numbers of cellular equipped satellites but you'd get a few minutes at a time to get texts and some email or a quick conversation.

The incumbents need to be wary. Funny that AT&T, VZW and T-Mo just formed a group to share resources and push cellular into under-served and un-served areas. I suspect Starlink is going to beat them to the punch. I just question if a space network can carry the load of millions of cell phones.
 
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.
Back
Top